Gazprom Marketing & Trading Ltd (GM&T) is aware of fraudulent job postings which purport to be offering a legitimate role at a ‘Gazprom Energy International’ or ‘Gazprom Energy UK’ office in London. It has also come to our attention that individuals have been contacted with false offers of employment.
Communications of this nature are completely fraudulent and do not originate from GM&T, nor are they related in any way to GM&T’s official recruitment process.
These recruitment scams can appear professional. So, it is important for any potential candidate to research the legitimacy of recruiting communications to stop fraudsters and avoid falling victim.
Examples of such scams include:
- Questionnaire-based employment interviews
- Questionnaire-based decisions to hire
- Requiring payment (or pre-payment) for visa applications or processing services
- Employment offers over social media, such as Facebook
Often these bogus recruiting practices can be difficult to identify, however, there are some common indicators that can help distinguish to help spot the genuine from the fraudulent. Gazprom Marketing and Trading Ltd will never ask for fees or upfront payments during any part of the recruitment process, or as part of an offer of employment. GM&T will also never require newly hired individuals to pay any fees associated with their employment, including visa applications.
Other common indicators are:
- Unsolicited communications
- Misuse of official Gazprom subsidiary company names. All official PAO Gazprom subsidiaries can be viewed here
- Non-Gazprom Marketing & Trading email addresses (e.g. Yahoo! or gmail.com)
- Offer of employment without physical interviews
- Request for payment to apply for a job
- Request for financial account details
- Request for personally identifying information (Social Security Number, Social Insurance Number, National Insurance Number, passport information, passwords, etc.)
- Request for payments to be sent to a third-party
- Request for payment for professional or business opportunities
We urge anyone who comes into direct or indirect contact with any parties connected to job postings of this nature to please contact the GM&T Communications team as soon as possible at email@example.com
For more information on this recruitment scam and advice from the Police: