Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group – the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world’s largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This position is responsible for supporting the Cash Management Lead in a variety of areas within the Cash Management Team. Treasury is part of a wider Finance and Treasury Department and is an established global function for the GM&T group. The Treasury team consists of a Head of Treasury, two Treasury managers and their teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking analytical and operational work across the GM&T group.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for supporting the Cash Management Lead in the area of Cash Management with particular focus on adding value to the Finance and Treasury Department
- Prepare accurate and timely daily cash flow balance reports
- Daily reconciliation of FX / MM / cash pool payments
- Manage and coordinate twice daily payment execution process
- Produce daily calculation for short term deposits and recommending investment amount
- Act as designated Business Partner for the local GM&T Ltd subsidiaries, supporting their daily cash management requirements
- Open and maintain bank accounts as required with periodic reviews to identify rationalisation opportunities
- Identify process improvements and enhanced reporting opportunities across Cash Management and wider Treasury dept.
- Documenting policies, procedures and reporting in line with company standards
- Management of projects and communicating regular updates to stakeholders
Skills & Competencies
- Good knowledge of the Cash Management function including payments and cash pool structures
- Strong numeracy and IT skills, must be fluent in common MS office including;
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent communication and networking skills in order to interact effectively with key stakeholders and group companies;
- Being able to communicate improvement recommendations and creative solutions to management in a clear, precise and concise manner
- Exposure to project management (desirable)
- Some experience using a Treasury TMS and SAP would be viewed favourably
- Ability and desire to learn quickly and progress
- Ownership of tasks and projects assigned with the aim of successful delivery
- Work as part of a team to achieve collective goals and share responsibility
- Ability to cope with dynamic environment and pressure of a trading business and react quickly to changes;
- Initiative and motivation to address issues without being asked to do so and a pro-active solution-driven approach;
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively under their supervision;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Open-minded self-starter focused on constant improvement of existing processes and accommodating new challenges.
- Qualified by experience in similar position within a Treasury Department
- Some experience in an energy and/or trading business operating in an international environment is considered favourably.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree; or professional qualification such as CIMA, AMCT