GAZPROM Germania GmbH is a subsidiary of the world’s largest natural gas producer, Gazprom. Since its establishment in 1990, GAZPROM Germania has developed into an internationally operating group of 44 companies in 15 countries in Europe and Asia. Its main business activities include the storage and trading of natural gas. It employs approximately 1,800 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters. Together with its strategic partners, GAZPROM Germania Group helps ensure a reliable, environmentally-friendly, and sustainable energy supply for Europe.
Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is an integral part of the GAZPROM Germania Group. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The role of the Trading Capability Lead is to oversee and manage the delivery of new and/or enhanced Trading Capabilities to GM&T.
The Trading Capability Lead is directly accountable for the management of the IT & business processes associated with the expansion of GM&T Ltd and its subsidiaries into new deals, markets, brokers and commodities both in Europe and globally.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Trading Capability Lead is accountable for:
- The project management of the operational readiness processes and providing information for audit reporting requirements associated with operational readiness.
- The GM&T IT system, ORCA, used to track, manage and maintain sign-offs/approvals from authorised approvers of new capabilities across the business.
- Tracking and timely implementation of access to new markets for the GM&T group.
- Coordination of delivery projects relating to company operating plan milestones – working closely with many departments across GM&T Ltd and its subsidiaries to include Risk, Finance, Trading, Operations, Credit Risk, Tax, Regulatory Affairs and Legal.
- Ensure any changes the Front Office need due to market, regulatory or system improvements are successfully implemented to ensure trading continuity. This will be achieved by coordination and prioritisation of the organisations operating plan
- Challenge, as appropriate, business cases relating to new request set up
- Line Management of Trading Capability Analyst, delivering:
- Operation readiness process to allow access to new markets for the GM&T group. This can involve leading and coordinating setup of new trading licenses, access to grid networks, exchanges, cross border/pipeline capacity auction, release capacity auctions and new branch set up.
- Research and project manage the maintenance and set up of new commodities, physical and financial products and instruments for the GM&T Group.
- Ongoing process development and operational deliver of counter party trade novations
- Managing relevant internal approval processes and sign offs.
- Support the development of Origination and structured deals as appropriate
Skills & Competencies
- Confident verbal and written communication skills; the ability to shape others’ understanding in ways that capture interest, inform and gain support.
- Interpersonal skills and teamwork; skilled at building productive working relationships across a business (Front, Middle and Back offices).
- Flexibility – demonstrate sensitivity to the changing requirements of a diverse client group; shift priorities, change style and respond with new approaches as needed.
- Initiative and commitment to excellence – actively and enthusiastically attempt to influence, seek opportunities to originate action, encourage and develop new ideas
- Able to cope with rapid business growth and work under time pressure and to various deadlines within a busy trading environment.
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail.
- Diligent and reliable with strong execution skills.
- Experience from the energy sector preferable
- Ideal background will include end-to-end autonomous project management and/or business analysis from Commodity Operations, Trading, Risk or Origination.
- Experience of working with a diverse and demanding client group
- Worked in a high pace, commercially driven organisation
- Have a track record of delivering through others
- Degree level (or equivalent) education required.