Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group – the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world’s largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
To realise the data and analytic strategic roadmap, moving key business solutions and capabilities to the cloud. Data ingestion, data access and data analytic capabilities to support and drive front office capabilities.
Working with business stakeholders, architecture governance, delivery teams and security to ensure high capability business solutions that are built and delivered in an agile and iterative way.M&T).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for defining context appropriate solution architectures and gaining agreement for these for:
- Data and Ingestion Validation Architecture definition and delivery of MVP models working with supporting development teams.
- Analytic Platform architecture definition and build out to support Euroview, FOM model and ad-hoc model consumption.
- Definition of an API Gateway framework to support on-premise, dual homed and pure cloud data sources.Architecture definition to support the migration of Point Connect Data from on-premise to cloud based offering.
- Documentation of all systems in the D&A arena
- Ensure software architecture is implemented in line with architecture vision and principles and the GM&T IT Strategy
- Work closely with GM&T senior team members to execute Software Architecture governance across all systems and projects
- Participate in technology architecture and design decision making for solutions delivered by GM&T’s IT department
- Create technology roadmaps for all software systems, within the designated area, which align with functional roadmaps
- Help to define and drive standards and common approaches to assist the organisation in effective architecture to support delivery of business outcomes
- Maintain a set of software architecture artifacts that clearly communicate the business and technology landscape for GE covering current and to-be views of the landscape
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of Gazprom’s business strategy and value drivers in order to anticipate how the IT landscape can be engineered to deliver the required business capability & benefit.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to translate business needs into technology solutions
- Ability to balance the “big picture” and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Able to meet tight deadlines and negotiate in a pressurized environment
- Motivated, tenacious and pro-active in achieving results
- Diligent and dependable with strong integrity
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new trends and technologies
- Deep experience in the development of solutions using industry leading Microsoft technologies
- Strong practical experience (demonstrable through completed projects) of Microsoft Azure PaaS and IaaS technologies across data and messaging including BLOB storage, CosmosDB, PaaS databases, API Management, Event Hubs
- Knowledge of Python desirable
- Additional knowledge of AzureAD, OpenID, Databricks and Spark advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of technology market trends and new developments within both the energy industry and software development
- Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization skills