Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group – the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world’s largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The energy trading markets are rapidly evolving with technological advances, globalisation and lower barriers to entry fuelling increased competition and higher market liquidity. The GMT Digital Trading team is a new trading desk that is utilising technology advancements, data science and domain expertise to generate innovative ideas and provide an iterative and rapid way of researching, developing and implementing trading strategies.
The role is a unique opportunity to be a key member of our digital trading team. Collaborating and supporting with QA/development and system set up/data management tasks necessary to drive forward our business whilst ensuring the systems are running safely and effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities
A software engineer at GMT is embedded within the Digital Trading Team. Using engineering principles this role is responsible for ensuring quality is embedded within the delivery. It is expected this role will plan, design, develop, test and create a tooling suite to support commodity trading.
- Develop a close relationship with market specialists (traders/analysts) to ensure that you deliver solutions that meet the commercial needs of the Digital Trading Desk
- Support the Digital Trading development team to build a tooling suite and extend existing platforms to support commodity trading
- Responsible for all phases of the technology life cycle including communicating specific subject matter knowledge of the design and development of the project
- Implementation of architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements for in-house platforms
- Data sourcing, solution engineering and optimisation
- Ensure the Gazprom Development life-cycle and standards are followed
Skills & Competencies
- Commercial acumen – experience of delivering solutions that are aligned to the commercial goals, ideally in a front office trading environment
- Team player – able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team and develop productive working relationships
- Analytical approach – capable of defining, delivering and testing fit-for-purpose solutions
- Technical all-rounder, specifically skilled in server side C#
- Quality mind-set developed from experience aligned to quality driven development practices
- Ability to engineer code to deliver business value while leveraging all testing techniques
- Experience delivering in continuous integration and agile software development lifecycles
- SQL experience is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of Agile methodologies and associated practices
- Highly desirable to also have complementary technical skills such as Python (especially Numpy, Scipy, and Pandas)
Our current technology and tool stack is:
CI and Test reporting
- TFS Build System
Script and Scenarios
Enterprise Test Automation
- Visual Studio
- Rapid Reporter
- Microsoft SQL Server
Degree in Computer Science or mathematical/numerical discipline