From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The role is for a Web Developer in an I.T. department that supports and facilitates the front, middle and back office functions of an expanding European energy retailing organisation.
We are looking for a Web Developer to engineer, develop and deliver technical solutions to support business operations. You will be a key person in delivering technical improvement and innovation to allow the business to grow and become more efficient.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Discover and formulate business requirements from the technical perspective
- Develop changes to internal systems based on agreed business requirements
- Ensure changes are delivered to the business on time and to the required quality and scope
- To adopt the latest technologies where relevant and continuously improve the quality of the IT products through innovative and solid solutions, best practises and modern development processes
Skills & Competencies
- Enjoys working autonomously to master area of development
- Highly able to adapt to new/modern technology stacks/frameworks where needed
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to explain technical detail to non-technical colleagues
- Collaborative working style to engage with the rest of the team and ensure delivery
- Takes accountability and full ownership of the tasks assigned and actively seeks tasks that have been missed
- Demonstrable experience in a commercial development environment
- Web based technologies and frameworks e.g. MVC, ASP.NET, Razor
- ORMs – preferably Entity Framework
- UI testing – preferably, SpecFlow (Cucumber/Gherkin)
- Source control e.g. TFS or GIT
- Working experience of Agile/Scrum delivery teams
Nice to Have
- C#/.Net 4.5 or above
- Unit/Integration e.g. NUnit
- SQL Server/Oracle
- Web services (SOAP/XML), REST/json, GraphQL
- Dependency Injection
- Continuous Integration and deployment automation
- Any Microsoft or industry recognised certifications would be beneficial e.g. MCTS