From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Service Desk Analyst role is to provide first level IT support to employees of Gazprom Marketing & Trading and its associated businesses. The role is to provide support through managing online requests, taking phone calls, receiving emails and handling the resulting incidents or Service Requests using the incident management and request fulfilment processes. Based in the Gazprom Energy office in Manchester you will be required to provide support to colleagues across Europe, Singapore and North America
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring, recording and responding to all new incidents and service requests via online portal, ticketing system, telephone, face to face and email
- Liaising with customers to ensure effective prioritisation of tickets based on impact and urgency
- Providing Fix on First Contact, where appropriate, or escalating tasks where this is not possible
- Gathering further information and approvals, as required, to allow tickets to be progressed accordingly
- Dealing with customer escalations and complaints and, where required, following up with other support staff to ensure incidents are resolved, requests are fulfilled, and the customer communication is complete.
- Ensuring ticket information is captured accurately and meets quality standards as defined in the Incident and Request Fulfilment processes
- Sending email communications to customers to raise awareness of high impacting incidents or system maintenance
- Ensuring that relevant process and procedures documentation is comprehensive and up-to-date;
- Contributing towards the identification and implementation of improvement initiatives
- Other duties as the Service Delivery Manager may define from time-to-time.
Skills & Competencies
We are looking for eager to learn, customer service orientated individuals who are keen to work in a global support function. The below experience is desirable but not mandatory:
- Knowledge and experience gained from working in an ITIL frameworks
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Experience working in the Energy industry
- Understanding of basic hardware/software specifications
- Basic knowledge of network concepts and architectures
- Good understanding of Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10)
- Good understanding of Office 2010/2013/2016
- Knowledge of RSA SecurID; Remote access/VPN technologies
- Operational knowledge of HP desktops, Lenovo laptops (including other hardware and peripherals)
- Understanding of Energy Industry key process and applications
- Understanding basic user and security group Active Directory Administration
- Operational understanding of System Center Service Manager gained through practical experience
- Be able to work as part of a global team based across Europe
- Willingness to go the extra mile to provide excellent customer service
- Strong ability and desire to learn new skills
- Ability to work and remain calm in a pressurised environment
- Ability to work both as a part of the team and individually
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload and demands
- Diligent and reliable
- Exhibits a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Embraces change positively
- Constantly looks for ways to improve technologies, systems and processes
- The ability to work in a rota on a shift basis covering hours between 7am and 7pm
- Higher Education level in a relevant discipline preferred, or able to demonstrate similar knowledge gained via appropriate work experience and/or IT related qualifications