We began our journey as an ambitious, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, Pennine Natural Gas. Since joining the Gazprom Group in 2006 and beginning our transformation as Gazprom Energy we have gone from strength to strength, always reaching for better, to become one of the leading B2B gas suppliers in the UK and expanding into France and Netherlands. We now supply gas, power and environmental products to thousands of business customers across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters and our locations are united by our ethos: making customers happy, doing the basics brilliantly and finding new ways to go above and beyond their expectations.
The energy world is ever changing, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our strategy equips us to expertly seize the opportunities present in these big advancements.
We are growing in Electricity, in Green and in Gas. We’re strengthening our foundations – placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. Gazprom Energy is a place where you can be yourself. We are friendly, enthusiastic and purposeful. We encourage everyone to have a learning mindset, challenge respectfully, have a bias for action and to make evidence-based decisions. You can expect to receive a valuable mix of challenge and support for your role, your wellbeing and ambitions.
Since 2012 we have been accredited with the Investors in People Gold standard and Ecovardis Silver accreditation this year. We pride ourselves in providing an inclusive home for a diverse group of highly talented individuals.
As part the of Retail Risk team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the reporting of key risk metrics resulting from the supply of electricity and gas to end users for all existing and expected future global subsidiaries. Managing a team of risk analysts and reporting directly to the Head of Retail Risk Management, the candidate will be expected to develop the risk framework for Retail that will deliver the appropriate governance, policies, measurement, reporting and provide a robust and independent 2nd Line of Defense point of view as to the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Propose and develop enhancement to periodic reporting for the benefit of senior management.
- Involved in the approval of new products, businesses and trading strategies
- Provide the single point of contact for Gazprom Energy’s authorities, polices compliance, and administration of Risk policy;
- Coordinate Gazprom Energy’s Business Continuity Programme.
- Coordinate and manage robust risk processes for risk and control, events management and risk acceptance
- Support the identification and assessment of operational risk incidents using the Incident Management System (IMS) to support commercial development and maintain risk oversight
- Support and develop risk systems and infrastructure
- Contribute to the development of Key Risk Measures, including sourcing of data in a sustainable way.
- Develop, enhance and maintain risk management methodologies, processes and tools
- Managing complex projects related to risk and requiring coordination with other departments. Requirement to be able to autonomously drive projects and present workable results within deadlines to management.
- Maintaining a Risk register by capturing and assessing all business risks on a comparative basis. Clearly map these risks to their mitigating controls and actions. Monitoring the effectiveness of these controls and the compliance with the mitigation plans
- Implementation of Risk control principles including the design and implementation of processes and procedures and application of segregation of duties/independence principles
- Manage the robust implementation of business projects that impact risk indicators and adapt to changing business processes to ensure we can continue to adequately control, monitor and provide timely and accurate risk reporting
- The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs.
Skills & Competencies
The role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Project management experience or working as part of a large project
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with queries and build relationships with internal and external parties
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all areas of work
- A clear and effective communicator, persuasive in inter-personal communication
- The initiative to propose solutions and to act independently and the confidence to effectively challenge the status quo
- Demonstrable track record of identifying areas for improvement in processes and technical solutions
- Able to understand and influence risk strategy and identify, challenge and resolve with management areas which conflict with the risk appetite of the function
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Driven, ambitious, self-starter who can grasp a concept quickly and deliver a reasoned investigation and analysis
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships across all business and support functions and ensure close liaison with other members of the risk management team
- Ability to identify areas of improvements to optimise efficiency
- Ability to prioritise conflicting activities and work under pressure
- Experience within Energy/Risk industry advantageous
- University degree or equivalent or relevant work experience