GAZPROM Germania GmbH is a subsidiary of the world’s largest natural gas producer, Gazprom. Since its establishment in 1990, GAZPROM Germania has developed into an internationally operating group of 44 companies in 15 countries in Europe and Asia. Its main business activities include the storage and trading of natural gas. It employs approximately 1,800 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters. Together with its strategic partners, GAZPROM Germania Group helps ensure a reliable, environmentally-friendly, and sustainable energy supply for Europe. Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is an integral part of the GAZPROM Germania Group. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
To create value for GM&T through active trading of European gas markets and associated instruments.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Generate proprietary P&L based on fundamental and technical research
– Ensure that trading activity complies with risk governance policies and procedures.
– Provide market making services to GM&T and the wider group
– Support structured trading and deal flow activity by pricing and managing risk from new deals.
– Contribute to the development of the quality of gas analytics output by providing commercial input.
– Review and sign off daily positions and P&L trading reports
– Provide input for continuous development of trading applications and infrastructure.
Skills & Competencies
– Excellent understanding of European energy industry fundamentals
– Strong execution skills – Respected reputation amongst market peers
– Proven track record in proprietary trading – Excellent analytical skills.
– Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of trading system software (exposure to new systems implementation an advantage).
– Effective written and verbal communication skills.
– Strong business acumen coupled with entrepreneurial flair.
– Proactive in achieving results and achieving book and desk targets.
– Able to build solid working relationships.
– Ability to meet tight deadlines and make decisions in a pressured environment.
– Diligent, responsible and reliable.
– Strong stakeholder management capabilities.
– Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential.
– Extensive trading experience on the European gas markets, with a focus on the curve, with a proven, demonstrable history of creating value.
– Degree level education in a numerate subject preferred or equivalent experience.