From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France, Germany and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This position is responsible for supporting the operations and development of risk management activities at Gazprom Energy. As Senior Credit Risk Analyst you’ll be responsible for reviewing the risk processes and the credit quality within the portfolio, proactively identifying opportunities to optimise risk, whilst ensuring overall business and market objectives are met. You will have a wide remit and will cover aspects of underwriting, portfolio management, alongside commercial insight, presentations and stakeholder management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understanding, questioning and developing of Key Credit Risk Measures (CVaR, Portfolio Reporting, MtM, Expected loss, KPI reporting) including sourcing of data in a sustainable way.
- Regular review of Gazprom Energy Credit policy – proactively identifying opportunities for mitigating credit risk, whilst allowing for managed growth.
- To produce robust analysis and regular reports to support credit risk oversight ensuring the organisation remains within its stated risk appetite and enable effective credit risk management.
- Provision of insight and analysis of key market trends, active participation in risk discussions.
- Review and challenge the calculation and reporting of the credit risk position.
- Create MI and credit risk strategy information for current and new portfolios.
- To constantly monitor the credit risk environment and macro-economic trends, provide updates to the Gazprom Energy Credit Dept and other senior stakeholders.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for mitigating credit risk on a portfolio level, whilst allowing for managed growth.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure data and assumptions are valid and sound credit opinion are communicated to stakeholders in a convincing, understandable and concise manner.
- Participate in meetings with Sales Department and the customers directly, in order to resolve issues and identify solutions that enable credit facilities to be approved.
- Manage the robust implementation of business projects that impact risk indicators and adapt to changing business processes. This includes driving the development of credit automation workflow through system improvement to ensure increased automation
- Managing complex projects related to credit risk and requiring coordination with other departments. Requirement to be able to autonomously drive projects and present workable results within deadlines to management.
- Experience in producing detailed counterparty credit applications request, incorporating a detailed financial analysis and a full appraisal of all credit risk factors.
- Review of proposed transactions and solving challenges using all available risk mitigation, documentation and analytical tools
- Monitor the credit limit review schedule for all counterparties to ensure the timely renewal of facilities.
- Ensure all credit applications and the associated reporting is conducted with full compliance to both Gazprom Energy credit rules and procedures.
- Mentoring and training of the junior credit risk analysts in the team.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in a similar capacity within a risk environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (strong in Excel)
- Extensive analytical experience
- Demonstrate a rational, pragmatic, disciplined and methodical approach to delivery.
- Excellent communication, organisational and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex problems and deliver solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptability to a changing environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of credit risk management practices, including extensive experience in analyzing European based counterparties.
- Ability to produce accurate reports within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal customers and stakeholders across the organisation
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a numerate subject