GAZPROM Germania GmbH is a subsidiary of the world’s largest natural gas producer, Gazprom. Since its establishment in 1990, GAZPROM Germania has developed into an internationally operating group of 44 companies in 15 countries in Europe and Asia. Its main business activities include the storage and trading of natural gas. It employs approximately 1,800 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters. Together with its strategic partners, GAZPROM Germania Group helps ensure a reliable, environmentally-friendly, and sustainable energy supply for Europe.
Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is an integral part of the GAZPROM Germania Group. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This is a unique opportunity responsible for hedging underlying commodity risk. This role is responsible for hedging and optimising risks in multi-billion pound positions for the business. The risks will be managed with a combination of forward contracts, structured products, options and other derivatives. The team will be responsible for hedging strategy development and implementation and must be entirely compliant will all internal risk policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing pricing curves to the Sales desk for the following hubs (ZTP, ZBH, CEGH, GPL, GPLL, NCGH, NCGL, TTF, and PEG), generating gross margin from clipping of the prices offered to Sales desk.
- Hedging of Portfolio flat price, time and locational spread exposures
- Review and sign off daily positions and when available the P&L trading reports. Relationship management between Marketing and GMT London to create efficient and effective hedging
- Contribute to continuous improvement in profitability of all Wingas sales segments
- Consultancy on single solution, and portfolio offers made to Marketing on behalf of MOD.
- Improve forecast quality for hedging team
- Deliver identified improvement to MCB, worth €1m
- Increase trading activity to add an addition contribution of €1.2m
- Contributing to the structured hedging to mitigate MOD risks.
- Contributing to development of risk management policies and procedures to be approved by Risk Control to ensure that risk within the business is efficiently managed
- Trade capture in approved systems – ensuring that transferred risk is correctly recognized and reported through the systems
- All of the above must be discharged within agreed hedge policies, limits and procedures as approved by GMT Risk Control
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent understanding of the Continental/European energy industry and marketing and trading activity specifics (products, customers and counter-parties)
- Knowledge on CEE hubs would be preferable
- Excellent analytical skills
- High level of computer skills, including knowledge of statistical and trading system software
- Good presentational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate complex issues in a clear, understandable manner to customer facing business units
- Must be fluent in English and fluency in German is preferable
- Strong business acumen coupled with entrepreneurial flair and energy e.g. able to cope in dynamic environment with rapid business growth
- Pro-active in achieving results
- Good relationship management capabilities, confident and articulate
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a pressurised environment
- Diligent, reliable and decisive
- Clear understanding of financial risk and option value
- Experience of working in an international organisation with an overseas parent company an advantage
- Educated to degree level, numerate related subject preferred