Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group – the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world’s largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The role of the Regulatory Risk function is to manage and implement processes required to comply with trading regulations, monitor key regulatory risk indicators and advise business in relation to regulatory compliance issues. This function works closely with Legal and Regulatory Affairs teams in maintaining GPG Group regulatory compliance framework.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Trading Regulatory Compliance Virtual Team to ensure effective execution of regulatory compliance annual programme
- Provide an oversight and leadership to the regulatory compliance team in GPG Group for trading business through development and execution of annual regulatory compliance programme and operating plan
- Responsible for regulatory compliance processes and controls in the focus areas (i.e. MIFID, REMIT, EMIR, MAR, Dodd Frank etc.)
- Assess the impact of the new requirements on the business of GM&T
- Define and provide an oversight of the implementation of changes to processes and systems to address regulatory requirements
- Raise the awareness to prevent and deter conduct which contravenes regulatory obligations and prohibitions and to provide training to relevant GM&T stakeholders on key focus areas
- Oversight monitoring activities defined in the compliance programme
- Manage annual and periodic compliance assessments and lead the implementation of any recommendations
- Provide periodic reporting to Trading Regulatory Compliance Virtual Team and Senior Management
Skills & Competencies
- Stakeholder management; ability to work closely with multiple internal stakeholders, ability to build strong cooperative relationships at all levels
- Project management experience
- Initiative and commitment to excellence – actively and enthusiastically attempt to influence, seek opportunities to originate action, encourage and develop new ideas.
- Diligent and reliable with strong execution skills.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). Russian is an advantage.
- Experience in an energy trading environment or a related regulatory/ compliance environment is essential.
- Knowledge of commodity trading, derivative markets, regulated exchanges.
- Ability to demonstrate current knowledge of regulatory environment and issues affecting commodity markets.
- Knowledge of where to access relevant technical and compliance information, including European Trading regulations related to commodity trading and interpret accordingly.
- Experience of working with trading desks and the ability to give well-considered and practical advice to traders & senior management.
- Degree level education in finance, economics, law, business or related discipline.
- Masters level education preferred.