Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group – the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world’s largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The role of the Regulatory Compliance function is to define and maintain the framework, policies, procedures and controls to manage regulatory risks and obligations effectively and efficiently and implement new regulatory requirement related to the scope of trading activity of GM&T.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Head of Regulatory Compliance in defining the Regulatory Compliance framework, policies, processes and controls in the focus areas (i.e. MIFID, REMIT, EMIR, MAR, FIMA etc.)
- Support Head of Regulatory Compliance in assessing the impact of the new requirements on the business through performing analytical procedures
- Support Head of Regulatory Compliance in the analysis required to manage the reporting requirement resulting from various EU regulations as well as national license requirements
- Coordinate and improve the implemented reporting processes and advise the reporting team how transactions are correctly reported under different laws
- Analyse periodic reporting requirements to national authorities and coordinate data gathering and submission
- Perform periodic reporting to Senior Management
Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Stakeholder management; ability to work closely with multiple internal stakeholders, ability to build strong cooperative relationships at all levels
- Initiative and commitment to excellence – actively and enthusiastically attempt to influence, seek opportunities to originate action, encourage and develop new ideas.
- Diligent and reliable with strong execution skills.
- Experience in regulatory compliance function in a trading organization with good understanding of reporting requirements
- Knowledge of licensing requirements
- Experience with analysis of large databases
- Experience of working in projects with multiple stakeholders
- Degree level education in finance, economics, law, business or related discipline.
- Masters level education preferred