Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group – the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world’s largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build tools and extend the existing application platforms that utilise the quantitative models using the python stack.
- Responsible for all phases of the technology life cycle including communicating specific subject matter knowledge of the design and development of the project
- Provide BAU support to existing applications, refactor and improve the legacy codebase
- Work closely with trading and quants to build pricing tool and models to support commodity trading
- Work closely with existing IT teams to integrate models, platforms and front ends within the existing grid solutions
- Advising on and implementing the architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements for the platform
Skills & Competencies
- Fluent in python for building significant packages and systems
- Experience in working within a technology team, in a financial institution
- Commitment to continuous integration, TDD and other SDLC best practices
- Degree in Computer Science and coursework and expertise in data structures, algorithms, distributed development and system design
- Proven track record in software design, development and support
- Excellent Debugging skills and a proven track record in using development best practises, clean code practises and TDD
- Python with experience in numpy, scipy, pandas and ORMs such as SQL Alchemy
- Microsoft HPC Grid & Microsoft SQL
- Github/TFS, Conda and proven CI experience and multi team work experience
- OTC/Derivatives trade life cycle and position management
- Visualization platforms and graphical packages
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Computer science degree or equivalent