From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The role of UK Project Manager is to drive the delivery of projects by planning, executing and co-ordinating activities across the UK business.
Reporting in to the Head of Customer Excellence and a member of a newly developed Customer Excellence function, the role will be pivotal to ensuring delivery of initiatives to improve our customer offering and further the UK business.
The projects to be delivered will range in focus and will run concurrently. Projects will generally have a business-wide and operational focus and therefore sit outside the remit of the Business Technology Solutions (BTS) team, though frequent interaction and engagement with BTS will be required where projects have a technology requirement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project Manager for concurrent UK projects, responsible for ensuring completion on time and in budget.
- Defining project scope, time and cost estimates.
- Producing and updating project plans with appropriate detail.
- Resource planning in liaison with UK and support teams, to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Providing all appropriate documentation at every phase of each project.
- Managing risks and issues connected to the projects, including maintaining appropriate trackers to monitor and report on risks.
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress, engaging and updating all project stakeholders as appropriate.
- Engaging and managing relationships with third party vendors.
- Co-ordinating activities across multiple departments and stakeholders to ensure delivery on time and on budget.
- Ensuring the quality of the projects by performing necessary reviews, checks and test phases.
- Supporting the project sponsors to ensure that the projects deliver promised benefits
- The role may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose for this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs
Skills & Competencies
- Driven and results-focussed.
- Passionate about executing and delivering change to achieve strategic results.
- An excellent communicator with an ability to interact and influence at all levels of an organisation and across cross-functional teams.
- Proactive and organised.
- Resilient and a hands-on problem solver.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record of successful project implementation – delivering time critical projects within designated schedules and within budget.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2)
- A proven approach to agile project delivery
Experience in B2B energy or utilities