Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group – the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world’s largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Supporting GM&T’s continued growth in commodity and derivatives trading, GM&T’s Global Trading Operations team is looking for a highly motivated, analytically minded individual to join its Product Control team on a permanent basis.
The role offers the opportunity to learn both about the commodities and markets GM&T trades, as well as the derivatives and contract structures executed within them. Further, the individual will learn how these positions are valued in GM&T’s risk reporting and stat accounts, as well as how changes in this value are explained and attributed to a number of market factors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily economic profit and loss, as well as financial exposure reporting, for a selection of GM&T’s trading strategies including but not limited to Gas storage, Gas Options and Natural Gas swing contracts.
- Fully attribute daily P&L change to new deals, movements in market curves and basis spreads, as well as volumetric and other transaction updates.
- Support the month-end financial closing processes for at least one GM&T legal entity.
- Work closely with GM&T’s Trading Capability, Front Office, Market & Operational Risk and Finance teams to complete “Operational Readiness” projects, ensuring new products, derivatives and contract structures can be integrated successfully into GM&T’s Middle Office.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. ability to understand impact of market changes on P&Ls, as well as economic events in the lifecycle of a deal)
- Understanding of the deal-lifecycle of typical commodity trade types (forwards, futures, swaps & options)
- Excellent numerical skills with the ability to problem solve in a logical & commercial manner.
- Able to work effectively in a fast moving, changing environment
- Highly motivated and proactive individual and team player
- Able to manage sometimes differing priorities of multiple parties
- Communication and influencing skills
- Strong business partnership skills
- Prior knowledge and exposure to commodity option and forward contracts. Previous experience of Natural Gas storage and option structures, preferred but not essential.
- Trading deal lifecycle experience, whether directly involved in a front, middle or back office/financial reporting role, or as a business or process analyst thereto.
- Experience of mark-to-market (fair value) calculation for derivatives transactions is a necessity.
Experience of Microsoft Excel is a necessity
- Part of Fully Qualified Accountant (e.g. ACA, ACCA or CIMA) desirable
- Degree level education, preferably in a numerate discipline (or equivalent experience).