GAZPROM Germania GmbH is a subsidiary of the world’s largest natural gas producer, Gazprom. Since its establishment in 1990, GAZPROM Germania has developed into an internationally operating group of 44 companies in 15 countries in Europe and Asia. Its main business activities include the storage and trading of natural gas. It employs approximately 1,800 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters. Together with its strategic partners, GAZPROM Germania Group helps ensure a reliable, environmentally-friendly, and sustainable energy supply for Europe.
Gazprom Marketing &; Trading (GM&T) is an integral part of the GAZPROM Germania Group. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Assistant will be supporting the GM&T Singapore Top Management. The support is not fixed to one individual director. The number of individuals receiving the support is subject to business need. The assistant will be both a part of the GM&T Singapore local team as well as the Global Group Secretariat team (50-strong).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diary management – Director’s meetings, conference calls, agendas and their translations, minutes, pre-read distribution, etc
- Support to Director’s workflow by understanding of key projects, priorities and cascaded actions. Arrangement of Director’s diary and paperwork around it. Dealing with any Commercial Secrets documents assigned to Director (register and track).
- Control of Director’s orders – monitoring and coordination of any orders Director gives to their direct reports / receives from MD/CEO.
- Finance Management- expenses processing for the Director, monitoring team budget and helping with planning, accruals, processing team-generated invoices, POs, P2P, cover sheets, performing checks against policies and procedures, flagging irregularities, liaison with internal Finance teams. Management of Director’s SAP queue on request.
- Travel management – travel booking (flights, hotels, transfers, visas etc) for Director and team group travel, monitoring Director’s visas, passport validity and other travel documents, basic team travel reporting.
- Management of internal Request Tracker loggings for the Director- ownership in the team (upload / download). Ensuring compliance of all uploaded drafts to the GPG Doc Flow Policy.
- Event management for the team– research, payments and logistics. Assist with organisation of departmental and team events as well as large-scale meetings and team events (up to 150 ppl)
- Onboarding/offboarding of JMLs to the team – IT access, seating, floor plans, internal processing
- Minor corporate errands – gifts, minor purchases, etc. Minor personal errands for Director are permitted depending on capability.
- Alignment, cascading & communication – ensuring the Director and the team are in tune with the latest corporate developments, news, new policies, new initiatives, keeping the department aware of what is going on across the company. The PA will be expected to support Country Chair with Russian-language correspondence in internal systems, write confidently in a very formal business-style Russian language.
- Translations– light translation or arranging translations by inhouse or external translators for larger documents.
- Rapport: build a strong understanding of management’s working style and method and adapt accordingly to match his energy level and scope of work.
- Staying on top: take full proactive ownership of the Country Chair’s diary including all appointments and meeting and related arrangements aiming to maintain a healthy work/life balance. This includes managing highly complex and ever-changing meetings schedule and travel arrangements.
- Act as first point of call and an efficient gate-keeper for management office, both for internal and external contacts, managing all incoming postal correspondence and calls for the management o ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Team player: build and maintain a strong network of relationships and work as a team with the Group Secretariat and with other offices within Gazprom Germania Group and parental company to ensure smooth flow of communication. Provide cover for the other EA in Singapore Office during holidays, as and when required.
Skills & Competencies
- Highly proactive – always think two steps ahead
- Able to cope with multiple priorities in a constantly changing environment
- Able to work with lack of clarity / minimum of instructions
- Able to cope well under stress demonstrating high energy level
- Diligent and dependable
- Mature and professional attitude to work
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Excellent written and spoken English and Russian including grammatical proficiency;
- Knowledge of Russian formal business correspondence standards;
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively and politely with all members of the organisation;
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and changing environment;
- Good numeric and analytical ability including spreadsheet skills;
- Thorough organisational, planning and administrative skills;
- Innovative forward thinking; ability to analyse current work practices and suggest and rapidly implement improvements and solutions;
- Knowledge of Russian business environment a strong advantage
- Experience of working in an international organisation with overseas parent company is an advantage
- Degree level education, any additional business-focused qualification is an advantage
- Formal secretarial training preferable