From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Payroll Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of the monthly payroll across Gazprom Energy and Gazprom Marketing & Trading sites, ensuring that appropriate procedures are maintained to comply with internal and statutory procedures and controls.
The role holder will also be required to work with the Human Resources department and Benefit team to co-ordinate a variety of cyclical activities e.g. annual benefits renewal, annual compensation review.
The scope of the role may increase in the future as Gazprom Energy expands into new countries and/or the UK payroll is brought in-house.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop processes with the aim of 100% accuracy per payroll.
- Deal with payroll queries and ensure their timely resolution.
- Liaise with key internal contacts (HR, Finance, Line Managers etc.) to ensure the accurate and timely provision of relevant information.
- Review, develop, and document payroll processes for each country, and make appropriate improvements in conjunction with key contacts.
- To adhere to the agreed SLA’s & KPI’s in line with expected performance and escalate any deviation from agreements to the Global Payroll Team Lead.
- To handle monthly changes to the payroll: e.g. joiners, leavers, pay changes and overtime
- To assist with the identification and mitigation of payroll compliance risks and control issues
- Support the integration of payroll processes for any new businesses/branches.
- Produce P11d and PSA reports.
- Post and reconcile the payroll journal for all countries.
- Co-ordinate and support with the annual salary and bonus review, and the budget planning process working closely with the Human Resources and Finance department.
- Work alongside the Benefits team to support with the benefits renewal process.
- Assist with requests for pay and benefits data reports as required and orders from statutory bodies.
- Ad-hoc project work.
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs.
Skills & Competencies
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to work with limited guidance
- Able to prioritise within a busy challenging environment
- Flexible approach to work in order to meet strict deadlines
- Able to use own initiative to make decisions and implement change
- Ability to quickly understand business issues and data challenges
- Ability to quickly understand the payroll rules and intricacies for countries outside the UK, and keep up to date with any changes to statutory procedures
- Team-player with ability to achieve results through collaborative working
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal), with the ability to deal effectively with queries and build relationships with internal and external parties
- Focused, diligent and dependable with strong integrity and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, with proven working knowledge of MS Excel and SAP
- Experience in both UK & International Payroll administration (International experience not essential)
- Experience of operating within a Shared Service model
- Experience in PAYE and National Insurance
- Experience in SSP and SMP
- CIPP qualification desirable