From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Operations Team Manager – Customer Onboarding will have strong leadership skills and will primarily focus on building a high performing team, supporting individuals and the team to achieve this through many different methods. They will inspire through leading by example, coaching, personal development, and also through group activities to help the team work collaboratively building trust. They will also be responsible for addressing any performance requirements appropriately. The team members should be autonomous, have ownership and accountability for all of the processes, and have a clear path to grow within the company.
The Operations Team Manager will develop strong working relationships with the other operations and department managers, ensuring process are aligned and operating most effectively
The Operations Team Manager will report to the Operations Manager collaborating on company strategy and will be responsible for ensuring the KPIs are achieved.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and develop and strong, collaborative team through clear objectives, clear communication of strategy and allowing team members to be involved in development of the department and the business – leading regular, documented team meetings
- Support the development and growth team members through coaching, mentoring, personal development and feedback in regular, documented 121s and HPP reviews.
- Identify and manage any performance needs in the team appropriately
- Continuous training and review of skills within the team, to ensure people are able to maximise their potential
- Create accountability within the team – delegating ownership equally amongst team members with clear agreement of objectives and reporting back
- Achieve KPIs in line with company strategy and operational objectives – regularly monitoring progress and making improvements where necessary
- Provide clear, accurate and timely management reporting as required.
- Maintain and develop high levels of collaboration with other Operations and department managers
- Ensure all business process are documented, and reviewed regularly for improvement
Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to develop and implement lean processes
- Self-motivated with the skills to engage and motivate others
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise workloads and adhere to deadlines
- Proven experience of successful team management
- An understanding of the customer journey in full to support escalated cases.
- Strong third party management experience in a proven role, to support our strategy and delivery from these providers.
- Understanding the on boarding process and all related activities
- Detailed customer service experience is essential.
- Managing change in line with UKRP & industry e.g. NEXUS and Change of measurement classes for delivery during 2018.