From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Product Manager is responsible for defining the vision, delivering product roadmaps and measuring the success of our Online Service offerings for customers in the UK. The successful candidate will need to be equally comfortable working with line of business teams to identify opportunities to provide an excellent customer experience (setting the roadmap/strategy), playing the Product Owner role within delivery teams to translate this into epics/stories so they can understand our customer wants & needs, and finally validating these deliveries meet the overall objective and ultimately resulting in happy customers.
You should bring a keen focus on practical solutions – namely what can realistically be done that delivers the customer need, have a good understanding of relevant digital technology stacks & customer experience design, and be comfortable taking responsibility for the end-to-end delivery in this space.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working alongside the Head of Customer Excellence, you are accountable for defining, delivering and measuring online service products that meet the expectations of our customers, and deliver value to the business by providing a superior customer experience
- Using insight from customer feedback and journey mapping, you will define, explain and iterate the online channel roadmaps for our customers and brokers in the UK; portals/apps for customer sales, renewals, operational self-service and overall customer engagement.
- Set measurable goals/benefits for online service products and report against these.
- Act as Product Owner within the Online Services workstream:
- Develop & own high-level roadmap (Themes/Initiatives) and Epics, defining & agreeing acceptance criteria with business stakeholders.
- Work with delivery teams (internal & 3rdparty) to develop story & task details.
- Support delivery team in successful delivery of items (standups, retrospectives, planning and demos).
- Work with business analysts to groom backlog, breakdown and estimate stories, document new features and produce release notes.
- Working with the Marketing Technology Manager, ensure any Sales & Marketing solutions are supported and optimised in line with the roadmap.
- Provide technology leadership to online services team, working alongside Architecture and Development to challenge and refine choice of tooling and 3rdparty products to deliver the best business outcome.
Help to shape and build the Online Services team, supporting ongoing recruitment & vendor selection activities.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, business and technical.
- Ability to manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Bias for action – willingness to ‘jump in’ and ensure items get delivered.
- Eye for detail; analytical ability with willingness to challenge status quo.
Fluent English (spoken and written).
- Experience of product management ideally focused on online service products (“self-service” and e-commerce).
- Experience developing themes, epics, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience in relevant technologies (web/apps/API/marketing automation).
- Experience in setting, monitoring and reporting on KPI’s & benefit realisation.
- Knowledge and experience of using Agile processes and principles.
Understanding of best practice digital UX/CX design.
- Degree level education or equivalent demonstrable experience