From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Sales Operations department is the starting point for our customer’s journey at Gazprom Energy, the team are responsible for a wide range of activities that touch on many areas of the business. This team is focused initially to support our sales teams with the request for prices and maintaining our key partner relationships, this includes monitoring and tracking off all tender information which comes into Gazprom Energy and processing this information in such a way that it can be used by the sales negotiators to provide quotations to customers in order to win business, working with TPIs to expand our SME portfolio with the administration of matrix contracts, and ensuring customers moving in and out of properties are switched and billed in a timely accurate manner
To enable the expansion of the Gazprom Energy Matrix team by building enduring relationships with our 3rd Parties and Partners, along with internal stakeholders, managing these relationships effectively and efficiently to result in supporting the expansion and retention of our Gas and Power portfolio along with providing best in class service levels
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete the end to end process of Matrix contract administration
- Liaise with 3rd Parties to ensure submission details are complete in order to submit contracts
- Input gas & power contract details in the Sales Pricing Engines
- Build strong sustainable relationships with our 3rd party brokers to ensure support of SME Sales area
- Assist in the contract renewals process to ensure a high level of customer retention is achieved.
- Administration of onboarding new 3rd parties to work with
- Work within a team to ensure group and individual targets are met along with key strategic contract SLAs
- Work with Internal and External customers to provide exceptional customer service and resolve queries
- Maintain the status of all ongoing contracts, follow up on deadlines and coordinate returns.
- Ensure efficient flow of information between the Matrix team and Internal departments
- Prioritise work load and partners to provide excellent customer service, yet still achieve required targets
- Ensure all necessary documents and reports are provided on time i.e. status reports
- Maintain an effective team Diary system for team and Individual activities
- Initiate the credit approval process for contracts
- Assist in the development & implementation of process improvements to enhance performance
- Liaise with internal and external management team and provide accurate ad hoc reports as and when required within specified timescales
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
- The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs.
Skills & Competencies
- An appreciation of Customer Services and Account Management
- Good organisation skills
- Good Microsoft Office computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, e-mail, Dynamics)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills, both in person and on the telephone
- Proactive in achieving results
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and changing environment
- People Skills and ability to build relationships in person or on phone
- Diligent and dependable
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Able to process large quantities of data quickly & accurately
- Able to collaborate across multiple departments
- Experience of working in a sales or commercial environment
- Experience within data administration is advantageous
- Working to targets and deadlines
- Education to an A level standard or higher preferable in a Business related subject
- Work experience, preferably in the gas & power industry