GAZPROM Germania GmbH is a subsidiary of the world’s largest natural gas producer, Gazprom. Since its establishment in 1990, GAZPROM Germania has developed into an internationally operating group of 44 companies in 15 countries in Europe and Asia. Its main business activities include the storage and trading of natural gas. It employs approximately 1,800 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters. Together with its strategic partners, GAZPROM Germania Group helps ensure a reliable, environmentally-friendly, and sustainable energy supply for Europe.
Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is an integral part of the GAZPROM Germania Group. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
SecOps within the GPG Group is at both a very exciting and yet critical point, the team are targeted on automating key processes, connecting teams together and providing invaluable support to the organisation.
The team are looking for a passionate IAM Engineer who wants to be part of an important journey and help us mature the SecOps function and its capabilities moving forward. Aside from the technical skills, we are looking for a team member who can see the bigger picture and take their own experiences to help shape the future of ours.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Identity and Access Management Engineer is responsible for working with the delivery and operational functions to design, build and handover of all IAM delivery requirements and enhancements, as well as continuous improvement of existing solutions to enhance efficiency, cost, and operations.
This is a technical role requiring a deep understanding of One Identity IAM to provide the best in class IAM services to the business. Alongside this you will be responsible for the daily IAM operational activities within the One Identity tool, including the timely on-boarding, off-boarding, and cross-boarding of system access.
Skills & Competencies
- Degree educated in Computer Science/IT or equivalent skills
- Strong programming skills e.g. C#/VB .NET and/or Java/J2EE solutions
- Experienced in database solutions including data analysis, troubleshooting, writing complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of ITIL and Service Delivery management.
- Experienced in common enterprise applications and infrastructure e.g. Active Directory, RDBMS, ERP Systems, Exchange, SaaS Platforms, Web Application Servers & related standards and protocols (LDAP, REST, SOAP)
- Expertise in workflow and security configuration
- Experienced in delivering enterprise-ready IT solutions
- Extensive IAM experience (One Identity)
- Active Directory (All versions),
- Exchange 2013 – onwards
- System Center Configuration Manager, Service Manager
- Extensive Experience with scripting in SQL
- Experience with using C#/VB .NET and/or Java/J2EE solutions
- Experience supporting large projects
- Experience with working alongside a variety of teams and organisations to deliver projects globally.
- Experience with handling incidents in a timely manner
- Experience in high pressured, fast-paced environments with multiple critical systems and multiple delivery objectives simultaneously
- Relevant experience/exposure to trading, financial or energy trading sector preferred
- Agile working experience (SCRUM)
- ITIL Knowledge
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Competent to lead and run with projects
- A creative problem solver
- Documenting processes and procedures
- Experience of working in a service support environment to ITIL aligned standards.
- Experience in scripting and basic code
- Security Qualifications
- Knowledge of networking
- Thorough understanding of distributed infrastructure
- Knowledge understanding of encryption
- An inquisitive nature
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to think outside the box
- Good ability to see the broader picture as well as focus in on detail
- Constantly looks for ways to improve technologies, systems and processes
- Accepts that the role will require, on occasion, anti-social hours to be worked
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or similar field/experience