Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group – the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world’s largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy. Our culture is defined by our people.
Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us.
We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The role of the HR Advisor is to work closely with the Dutch Retail management team to provide a generalist HR service and be a local source of advice and guidance for the Gazprom Energy NL office thus enabling the business to achieve their goals and contribute to the ongoing success of the Gazprom Energy business in Holland. The HR Advisor will be responsible for delivering HR cyclical and project activities in Holland and tactical HR for the Dutch business. The role will work closely with the Senior HR Business Partner and HRBP for the Retail business and also act as the local point of contact for the HR Administration and Payroll teams who provide a HR shared service for the Retail offices. This role will be of interest to suitably qualified individuals who like variety and challenge in their working day, lots of contact with local managers and employees and the challenge of making a big difference locally and demonstrating “service excellence with a human touch”
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides sound and practical advice to local management using your knowledge of employment legislation and market trends in order to protect the Company and reduce potential liabilities.
- Provide guidance and coaching to line managers in order they can effectively manage employee relations for the Dutch business in line with Dutch employment law.
- Ensure Gazprom Energy is fulfilling all relevant HR legal requirements.
- Act as the coordinator for delivering approved L&D plans.
- Provide liaison with the global HR Administration and Payroll teams in the UK ensuring specific Dutch requirements are met.
- Provides sound and practical advice to local management using your knowledge of local mobility packages and compensations (commute compensation, company car fleet management)
- Support the effective delivery of Company performance management processes across the relevant teams ensuring clear measures and personal development plans are in place for all Gazprom Energy employees.
- Work with the Senior HRBP, Resourcing and L&D specialists to provide guidance and advice to the local management team in relation to local recruitment, learning and development plans, engagement and retention, job evaluation and reward.
- Build effective relationships with local management team and individual employees within the Dutch Retail business to maximise effectiveness of business performance.
- Work with the Senior HRBP to evaluate HR issues and turnover through regular enquiries in order to analyse trends and recommend appropriate actions.
- Work closely with the Senior HRBP and Head of Retail NL to ensure the effective cost management of the local HR budget.
Skills & Competencies
- Able to work with ambiguity and changing requirements.
- Excellent communicator and able to make complex legal guidance simple and easy to understand.
- Emotionally intelligent – able to pick up and anticipate mood in office and respond accordingly.Continuous improvement mind-set – passion for customer and our employees and improving their experience.
- Assertive – is able to challenge and influence in the relevant way and know when to escalate an issue.
- Professional stability – ability to remain calm and focused
- Likely to have worked in a similar role in a comparable organisation or subsidiary to a larger group
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Energy industry knowledge or experience
- A proven track record in commercial HR advisory role gained from working with commercial and operational client groups (Sales, Customer Operations, Marketing and Data).
- Broad HR generalist experience, with a strong knowledge of Dutch employment law, and HR administration compliance and delivering L&D plans.
- Proven experience in supporting works councils / staff representative groups effectively.
- Must have knowledge of Dutch payroll requirements and obligations.
- Ability to contribute to the implementation of HR processes and HR projects, in support of the overall business strategy.
- Experience in supporting organisational change involving a change of de-merger or acquisition.
- Project delivery experience with the ability to demonstrate tangible results.
- Excellent working knowledge of HR systems, Microsoft Office suite and reporting tools.
- Experience working in an international business environment where English language is an essential requirement to communicate with Head Office
- Ability to be flexible providing both pragmatic commercial HR advice and solutions. Organisation: managing the HR and payroll administration via the Shared Service team
- Good relationship management skills: Ability to motivate, coach and build confidence with managers.
- Decisive: ability to make informed recommendations and decisions, take action and deal with conflict in professional and mature manner, being diligent and dependable.
- Solutions oriented: excellent understanding of the need to provide local business support that helps deliver local business plans whilst considering the risk and exposure to the business.
- Fluent in Dutch and English essential
- Recognised HR accreditation in The Netherlands or relevant employment law accreditation
- Degree educated