Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group – the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world’s largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Reporting into the Business Planning and Reporting manager, a Business Data Analyst is required to work with our Finance & Treasury team to assist with the analysis and definition of finance data structures. This is an important role with high autonomy, where you will initially play a key role in the Gazprom group wide Common Finance Data Structures initiative. The initiative’s objective is to develop common finance data structures covering key finance data entities across multiple Gazprom group companies, that will allow base level data to be aggregated systematically to meet Statutory and Management reporting requirements for the group, without the need to transform or replicate the data multiple times for different stakeholders.
Using your expertise in managing and manipulating large volumes of data, you will work with the Finance Business Partnering and IT teams to design and complete the data structure definitions at a detailed level and collect the required information needed to populate hierarchies and attributes.
The Common Finance Data Structures initiative will span a number of years, but alongside this project additional responsibilities would include working as a data modelling subject matter expert within the Finance Business Partnering team, where you will look to drive efficiency and spreadsheet design best practise.
Following the completion of the Common Finance Data Structures initiative you will be well placed to provide continued support and be involved in future data modelling/structuring projects as the Finance team continue to adapt and improve their reporting and analysis offering to the way the business evolves.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interfacing with different business teams to collect and validate master data records
- Map master data into defined data structures
- Act as single point of contact for all data collection and data quality control
- Communicate and agree final data structures with business stakeholders and ensure sign-off for master data content is obtained from data owners
- Assist with the development of business data processes and controls to ensure on-going data quality assurance
- Act as a data modelling subject matter expert to the Finance Business Partnering team, providing support, advice and coaching where required
Skills & Competencies
- Good understanding of Finance Data entities such as GL Accounts, Profit Centres and Cost Centres
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well organised and able to cope with fast changing requirements in a demanding environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with SAP Analysis for Office, SAP BW, and SAP BPC 10.0 or 10.1
- SAP ECC and BW master data maintenance knowledge
- Deep understanding of SAP Master Data concepts (Hierarchies, Attributes, Sets
- Experience working in a finance team as a business analyst
- Extensive experience working with complex Excel models
- Experience in a commodity or energy trading environment preferred
- Degree (or equivalent ideally in an accounting or financial management related subject)
- Professional certifications in desired skill areas an advantage