GAZPROM Germania GmbH is a subsidiary of the world’s largest natural gas producer, Gazprom. Since its establishment in 1990, GAZPROM Germania has developed into an internationally operating group of 44 companies in 15 countries in Europe and Asia. Its main business activities include the storage and trading of natural gas. It employs approximately 1,800 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters. Together with its strategic partners, GAZPROM Germania Group helps ensure a reliable, environmentally-friendly, and sustainable energy supply for Europe. Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is an integral part of the GAZPROM Germania Group. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX. Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Business Planning and Reporting (BP&R) functions led by the Head of Business Planning and Reporting is one of the core functions within the Global Finance and Treasury department. BP&R is split into two sub-functions: Business Planning & Reporting and Group Reporting. The Business Planning & Reporting team plays a key role in supporting the management of GM&T with high quality financial information, analysis and advice to senior management across business units and support functions of GM&T group as well as supporting the wider Gazprom Group by providing budgetary and performance reporting information according to Group requirements
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure all management reporting information is prepared accurately, well presented and in a timely manner;
• Provide insightful financial analysis as well as reporting, budgeting and forecasting and accounting advice to support strategic decision making;
• Support both internal and Gazprom Group budgeting and forecasting processes;
• Assist with the analysis and definition of finance data structures, along with automating and driving forward our reporting offering.
• Prepare high quality, insightful management information on time, analyse and understand variances and trends against budget and reforecast
• Serve as a business partner and act as a key point of contact for all MI requirements
• Work collaboratively with the wider Finance team developing good working relationships in addition to the wider business
• Proactively seek out improvement opportunities both from a process and a commercial perspective
• Contribute to ensuring that the provision of MI at GM&T continues to strive toward best practice
• Support business and group management in developing and reporting financial performance indictors that drive decision making
• Drive cost management, accountability and strategy across respective area
• Lead post implementation reviews of approved investment initiatives and tracking cost / benefits
• Act as a data modelling subject matter expert to the Finance Business Partnering team, providing support, advice and coaching where required
Financial Planning & Forecasting
• Provide support to management at GM&T for budget and forecast submissions as part of the annual budgeting process and any subsequent reforecasting exercises;
• Support adhoc questions and analysis required by Gazprom Group to support budget submissions;
• Provide key support in the presentation of budget and forecasts to senior management;
• Perform thorough review of budget inputs to ensure accuracy and provide input to the cost challenge process;
• Understand and challenge assumptions and drivers for the GM&T Group through a commercial lens.
Skills & Competencies
• Excellent presentational & relationship building skills, with the ability to challenge, influence and give advice to senior stakeholders;
• Pro-active in achieving results with a track record of significant delivery;
• Highly organised individual with self starting attitude;
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills;
• Detail orientated and inquisitive to deep dive into data;
• Excellent team player able to work effectively across geographical and functional boundaries; • Strong analytical skills combined with sound accounting knowledge;
• Comfortable managing, manipulating and analysing large volumes of data;
• Able to cope with rapid business growth and pressurised environment;
• Good understanding of Finance Data entities such as GL Accounts, Profit Centres and Cost Centres;
• Strong Microsoft Excel modelling skills, and advanced competency in using other Microsoft Office applications (Word and PowerPoint).
• Experience working in the energy industry or a trading environment is advantageous
• Knowledge of an ERP Reporting module or a Data Warehouse Tool
• Involvement or interest in driving efficiency in financial reporting through advanced modelling or use of BI tools.
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)