GAZPROM Germania GmbH is a subsidiary of the world’s largest natural gas producer, Gazprom. Since its establishment in 1990, GAZPROM Germania has developed into an internationally operating group of 44 companies in 15 countries in Europe and Asia. Its main business activities include the storage and trading of natural gas. It employs approximately 1,800 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters. Together with its strategic partners, GAZPROM Germania Group helps ensure a reliable, environmentally-friendly, and sustainable energy supply for Europe. Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is an integral part of the GAZPROM Germania Group. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX. Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Entity Controller will assume the responsibility and accountability for the integrity of all external and parent company reporting requirements for several the GM&T Groups Legal Entities. There will also be a requirement to develop mutually beneficial relationships with other divisions within the wider Gazprom finance organisation, as well as across global reporting locations. The role will involve performing specific control activities with primarily a month end entity reporting focus including specific emphasis on Balance Sheet integrity and monthly parent company reporting for each of the Legal Entities within the successful incumbents remit. In addition, there will be a requirement to perform and support intra month controls enabling the Entity Controller to act as a gatekeeper for how activities are captured in the underlying books and records of each Legal Entity. Furthermore, they will be responsible for ensuring that all accounts are reconciled and substantiated as well as informing the end users of this Legal Entity data that all control and substantiation processes have been completed. The role will also be responsible for proactively driving the continuous improvement agenda for Finance focusing on balance sheet integrity and control, supporting the maintenance of master data structures, as well as both external and parent company reporting processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Monthly Financial Reporting including parent company reporting through the SAP-FC consolidation system as well as other ad hoc requirements.
• Financial control and reconciliation of key balance sheet General Ledger balances in SAP and substantiation of these balances.
• Preparation of key financial data and business commentary, and presentation across senior groups within finance
• Preparation of annual financial statements for specified legal entities
• Assistance with preparation of group consolidation for monthly, quarterly and annual IFRS reporting to meet the requirements of key stakeholders
• Maintenance of financial data structures and month end reporting templates, including the maintenance of the global booking policies
• Review of intercompany eliminations and support Accounting Control to resolve issues
• Critical review and analysis of global subsidiary financial reporting to support group control function
• Assist with development of group wide accounting policies and documentation
• Support auditors as part of quarterly reviews and annual audit
• Assist with the standardisation and improvement of legal entity control processes for all Legal Entities globally to ensure consistency of reporting
• Assist with production of relevant architecture enhancements and documentation to facilitate parent company reporting requirements using the SAP FC consolidation platform
• Support reporting and control work streams within any Finance Change initiatives
• Enhance general control environment though process development and improvement
Skills & Competencies
• Strong understanding of IFRS accounting and reporting and core financial accounting control principles
• Strong working knowledge of IFRS accounting for financial instruments (IAS 32 & IFRS 9) an advantage
• Experience of preparing statutory financial information
• Highly IT literate. MS Office (particularly Excel) to a high standard
• Good analytical skills and the ability to be flexible regarding nature of work
• Display high level of ownership and deliver tasks on time
• Diligent and dependable, approaching work with an attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as being an effective member of a team
• Ability to work effectively with all areas of the business and to communicate with non-finance colleagues and build effective relationships
• Thrives in a high-pressure environment with challenging deadlines
• Ability to critically analyse current work methods and suggest and rapidly implement successful change
• Strong desire to learn and develop yourself professionally and take a willingness to share expertise and develop others
• Exposure to the accounting and/or controlling function in a large or medium sized multinational business, either in practice or industry.
• Experience of a commodities or trading business would be an advantage
• Experience of working in an international organisation with an overseas parent company would be an advantage.
• Russian speaker would be an advantage, but not essential
• Degree level education
• Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent)