Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group – the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world’s largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The DevOps Team Lead is responsible for working with the delivery and operational functions to ensure business technology solutions are released in to production efficiently and to a high quality.
This is a technical role requiring a deep understanding of all DevOps related technologies and solutions in order to provide the best in class DevOps services to the business.
The role will be responsible for:
- Defining and agreeing the roadmap for the DevOps services
- Build relationships and work closely with existing Development. QA and Architecture functions
- Understand delivery requirements across IT to be able to identify where DevOps can add value and increase time to delivery
- Detailed understand of how to build end to end delivery pipelines and associated toolsets to enable this with particular focus on deployment.
- Ownership and detailed knowledge of deployment and configuration management, release management, environments management and infrastructure automation
- A good understanding of infrastructure automation from provisioning through the configuration.
- Promoting Agile delivery practices and promoting a culture of a fluid delivery within IT
- Design and consultation with Transformation teams for business projects
- To ensure appropriate use of technology and to constantly consider more effective and efficient technologies and processes.
- Leading a team of DevOps engineers.
- Accountable for key design decisions of any proposed DevOps solution and design
- Responsible for the continuous delivery and release capability
- Ensuring high standards of delivery, which are automated and standardised
- Providing input as part of a collective team to road maps and future enhancements
- Break fix of any escalations within agreed SLAs
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage Agile delivery process and run daily standups
- Prioritisation of work and ensuring quality delivery
- Design and architecture
- Build and test
- Road maps to define ongoing improvements/enhancements
- Project delivery
- 4th line escalation for incidents, problems and change
- Proof of concept analysis
- Early adoption testing of new technology
- Work with the development teams to build out automated build/release tooling for the entire release cycle.
- Manage the Build and release servers
- Manage the provisioning of environments for project and BAU teams
- Hands on management of the environments to ensure consistency across these environments
- Build and extend the existing in house deployment tools to facilitate the change in needs by the development teams
- Enable a culture of continuous delivery through fluid release management processes
- Automate wherever possible
- Build, test, deploy apps in a fast and automated manner
- Own and understand Infrastructure as Code
- To have strong relationships in delivery teams and align with business priorities
- Defined standards and delivery of these services
- Create systems, OS configs, and app deployments as code
- Other duties that from time to time are agreed with the Infrastructure Manager
Skills & Competencies
- Build and Code Repositories, Configuration management tools: Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps, Ansibile
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform; ARM
- Coding and Scripting proficiency: Pwershell, .NET, Python, C#
- Windows Server (All versions), Windows Server clustering
- Cloud Services: Azure end to end architecture
- Hyper-V Citrix Xenapp Server (Latest)
- Experience with automation using Orchestrator and PowerShell
- Office 365, ADFS and AD Connect
- Good understanding of networking (switching/routing protocols, load balancing, security, perimeter and firewalls)
- Database knowledge: MS SQL
- Cloud Data Services (Blob, big data, SQL PaaS)
- MSI/WiX (creation and troubleshooting)
- Experience in owning and operating TFS (latest version)
- High level of knowledge in IIS
- Software packaging, deployment, Active Batch administration and scripting
- Experience in a similar role with similar technology
- Experience in Infrastructure and Software engineering practices
- Exposure to infrastructure architecture and design
- Experience supporting large projects
- Experience in high pressured, fast-paced environments with multiple critical systems and multiple delivery objectives simultaneously
- Relevant experience/exposure to trading, financial or energy trading sector preferred