GAZPROM Germania GmbH is a subsidiary of the world’s largest natural gas producer, Gazprom. Since its establishment in 1990, GAZPROM Germania has developed into an internationally operating group of 44 companies in 15 countries in Europe and Asia. Its main business activities include the storage and trading of natural gas. It employs approximately 1,800 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters. Together with its strategic partners, GAZPROM Germania Group helps ensure a reliable, environmentally-friendly, and sustainable energy supply for Europe.
Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is an integral part of the GAZPROM Germania Group. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Providing the business with beneficial, user focused enhancements to the commercial operations and trading systems and delivering robust, scalable, and supportable solutions
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand business requirements and carrying out technical business analysis
- Delivering agile software solutions using Microsoft technologies
- Ensure the Gazprom development life-cycle and standards are followed
- Handing over all solutions to the IT support team, and providing 3rd line support
- Documenting and sharing knowledge on all development
Skills & Competencies
- Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD) using testing tools such as SpecFlow, MSTest and mock objects
- Kanban and similar agile methodologies
Strong technical ability in the following technologies:
- .NET 4/4.5/4.8
- Microsoft Azure DevOps and Git (using Gitflow)
- WPF with MVVM
- NET, ASP.NET MVC, exposure to web UI frameworks (Angular, VueJs)
- Entity Framework 5/6
- SQL Server 2014 onwards.
- Visual Studio 2019
- MSTest, NSubstitute, SpecFlow, FluentAssertions
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to explain a technical subject to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork and facilitation
- Ability to engage and work with stakeholders globally
- Enthusiastic and innovative approach to work
- Analytical thinker
- Excellent programming fundamentals
- Ability to balance ideal solutions with practical delivery of requirements
- Extensive object-oriented analysis and design experience
- Excellent knowledge of SOLID principles, design patterns and re-factoring
- Substantial software development experience
- Substantial experience in building solutions in a rapidly growing and fast-moving business environment
- Experience within a commodity/financial trading/betting organisation is essential.