From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Gazprom Energy are looking for an External Vendor Relationship Manager. The role will be responsible for the outsourcing elements of the collection cycle. Working with third party industry professionals (lawyers, insolvency practitioners, debt collection agencies and PDV providers). The candidate will be the main point of contact for litigation action and will take the lead in all delinquent collection activity. The role also includes line management supervision of a small team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- External debt collection management via multiple channels for live, final and written off customer accounts – Warrant, Litigation, External Debt Collection Agencies and High Court Enforcement.
- Responsible for the training, coaching and development of the team.
- Selection and performance management of outsourced collections partners, budgeted control for all external third party spend, delivering financial targets for cash collection/debt secured and highlight any overspend / under spend as appropriate to the budget holder / Finance.
- Manage relationships with Debt Collection Agencies, Legal Partners and PDV providers.
- Perform regular performance reviews with all parties and ensure action plans are in place to manage performance.
- Understand the DCA and Legal marketplace, and consider the use of new entrant, new strategies and techniques.
- Review & manage monthly bad debts to ensure provisions are appropriately calculated
- Resolve operational issues affecting DCAs and PDV providers and Gazprom Energy Business and share common/best practice.
- Implement improved meter removal processes.
- Audit both Live and Final DCA work.
- Support process improvements to continually review business processes for improvement to best practice. To develop and ensure agreed changes are successfully implemented through testing and training interfaces. This will include active involvement in any review and/or rationalisation of business systems or processes.
- Ensure controls are in place for reconciliation of accounts, Payments and data collection between Gazprom Energy and all external parties.
- To represent the function with both internal and external stakeholders
- To identify potential service providers, especially Debt Collection Agencies (DCAs), to establish service levels and contractual arrangements and to manage performance.
- Negotiate contracts to optimum benefit of Gazprom Energy through increased performance, service and costs and investigating developments and opportunities in the Utility Industry e.g. debt sale.
- To constantly analyse the performance of the individual collection agents and to have the skills to be able to motivate them to improve their performance without having to increase the charges.
- To recommend improvements regarding the contract with referral to procurement
- If appropriate to recommend penalties, or even termination of contract, with the relevant External collection agencies.
- To enable a ‘joined up’ working partnership between Gazprom Enegry and the various DCA and Legal partners
- To recognise and recommend amendments to processes that are hindering the performance of the DCAs which has no detrimental benefit to Gazprom Energy.
- To understand the general requirements for obtaining a Warrant for debt collection purposes.
Skills & Competencies
- Relationship management experience
- Legal/litigation skills
- Operational experience of high value/volume debt collection activity
- Influencing and negotiation skills. Will be involved in negotiating contracts across multiple suppliers/agencies
- Performance management experience
- Analytical skills