From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Portfolio, Analysis and Change department sits as a unit within IT&D. The unit retains responsibility for the pre-delivery activities related to change. The unit has the responsibility to ensure that all proposed change:
- is prioritised, planned, tracked and measured through the GE portfolio management framework.
- has been assessed for the level of impact on all business processes, systems and resources ensuring all business deployment and training needs have been identified, planned and delivered
- has been through an objective and effective business analysis stage in order to capture and define business specifications
- has been assessed from a data and technical architectural perspective to ensure a solution is fit for purpose and does not cause any negative impact.
This individual will be responsible for the analysis and design of Gazprom Energy business processes and software systems in order to capture and define business specifications.
Based within the Manchester office, the key objective of this role is to support the expansion of the Gazprom Energy business by providing objective and effective business analysis of systems and processes, in accordance with business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with business stakeholders, software development team and BA colleagues to assess, shape and deliver:
- Process change and improvement
- Tactical and/or strategic developments and business change via the Operating Plan
- Small business change and BAU tasks
- Work in partnership with key business stakeholders and BA colleagues to understand, document and own the business process architecture across Gazprom Energy Retail
- Assist in capturing business benefits of carrying out an IT project by defining tangible and intangible benefits
- Creation of all Business Analysis documentation including Vision and Scope, Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Acceptance Criteria and all artefacts that support the definition of the solution
- Work closely with software testing team (unit and QA testing) and the business (UAT) to ensure solutions meet expectations and have only a positive impact at implementation
- Provide user training and ensure user guides are written and updated
- Have awareness and understanding of how the functional design and delivery of a solution can impact peripheral systems and across business processes and proactively manage dependencies
- Identify programme/organisational level risk and contribute in the management their mitigation
- Use effective requirements management techniques to ensure that they are prioritised according to customer needs, traceable to business process and any changes are managed and communicated with the relevant stakeholders
- The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrable business analysis experience in business process design
- Demonstrable experience of working with the configuration of Microsoft Dynamics AX systems
- Experience of specifying and writing functional specifications and business requirements for development teams is essential.
- Experience of working with a range of business, IT, and 3rd party stakeholders in the delivery of a shared goal / vision
- Experienced in the definition, shaping, creation, and on-going management of functional design artefacts (essential). This includes functional requirements, process architectures, business processes, and business KPIs.
- Understanding of a Retail Energy business: operational and commercial aspects – know and understand how the end to end business works, key drivers of competitive advantage and critical processes.
- Exposure to the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) is essential
- Knowledge of modelling techniques such as UML Use Case, process flow, ERD, Data models is essential
- Understanding of good governance practices
- Able to understand business issues and specify IT solutions
- Woking knowledge Microsoft Dynamics AX based systems
- Able to meet tight deadlines and negotiate in a pressurized environment
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills e.g. written, verbal and presentation
- Able to communicate relevant project information to relevant stakeholders
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures
- Self-starter who is able to work with limited guidance
- Team-player with ability to achieve results through shared initiatives
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and changing environment with little supervision and direction
- Fluent in English
- Degree (ideally in a numerate or computing related subject) or equivalent industry experience
- Professional certifications in core skill areas is an advantage