GAZPROM Germania GmbH is a subsidiary of the world’s largest natural gas producer, Gazprom. Since its establishment in 1990, GAZPROM Germania has developed into an internationally operating group of 44 companies in 15 countries in Europe and Asia. Its main business activities include the storage and trading of natural gas. It employs approximately 1,800 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters. Together with its strategic partners, GAZPROM Germania Group helps ensure a reliable, environmentally-friendly, and sustainable energy supply for Europe.
Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is an integral part of the GAZPROM Germania Group. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Based within the London office the key objective of this role is to ensure provision of adequate business analysis of requirements and configuration of the Endur solution in accordance with GM&T business needs
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work autonomously and within a team to deliver technology enabled business change
- Work with the Front Office, Finance and other business stakeholders, software development team and BA colleagues to assess, shape and deliver the solution;
- Consult with key business stakeholders to understand processes, develop the business case, document requirements, develop specifications and acceptance criteria
- Ensure all business change is adequately planned and prioritised. With this plan supported by high level and detailed requirements (stories) and agreed acceptance criteria
- Work closely with software testing team (unit and QA testing) and the business (UAT) to ensure solutions meet expectations and have only a positive impact at implementation
- Jointly develop business readiness plans prior to implementation
- Provide user training and ensure user guides are written and updated
- Initiate post-implementation reviews to monitor product effectiveness and performance
Skills & Competencies
- Detailed knowledge of European Gas Trading Market
- Detailed knowledge of Endur
- Self-starter/able to work with limited guidance
- Able to understand business issues and specify IT solutions
- Team-player with ability to achieve results through shared initiatives
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating complex projects/initiatives
- Able to meet tight deadlines and negotiate in a pressurised environment
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills e.g. written, verbal and presentation
- Able to cope with rapid business growth and a pressurised environment
- Motivated, tenacious and pro-active in achieving results
- Diligent and dependable with strong integrity
- Experience of documenting as-is and to-be business processes.
- Demonstrate credibility with working with business colleagues including the ability to provide appropriate challenge and review to requirements
- Functional Specification and configuration of commercial software packages as well as functional specification of custom developed software.
- Exposure to the full deal lifecycle including the following:
- Trading Entry
- Valuation & Risk Management
- Market Data Feeds and Curve Management
- Finance experience would be an advantage but is not essential to the role
- Degree (or equivalent ideally in a numerate subject or computing related subject
- Professional certifications in desired skill areas an advantage