Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group – the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world’s largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The role of the Business Analysis Team Lead is to lead and manage the GM&T IT Business Analysis team, creating a professional, high-performing team that focuses on excellence and provides a differentiator for GM&T.
A successful team will have the requisite knowledge and core skills to execute the change requirements of the business – be that people, process or system change.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Business Analysis Team Lead will:
- Support the Business through change
- Provide assurance for BA activities across the portfolio
- Define and develop best practice, new processes and procedures aimed at improving the skillsets and efficiency of the BA community within GM&T
- Support a strategy of resourcing (and resource allocation) within the BA team to meet the skills and demand of the Delivery function.
- On-board and oversee the training of new hires; Coaching, reviewing and encouraging growth across the BA team.
- Either own a business vertical from a functional expertise or be the lead BA for large and complex programmes of work
- Lead a team of Business Analysts to:
- Develop strong relationships with business stakeholders, software development teams, QA colleagues, Solution Architects and Portfolio Analysts to assess, shape and deliver;
– Long term strategic developments and business change
– Small business change and BAU tasks
- Alongside the Portfolio Manager, consult with key business stakeholders to help develop the business case for change
- Implement change in an agile environment ensuring the requirements are captured the appropriate level the task at hand.
- Eliciting requirements from business stakeholders
- Analysing and validating requirements to produce quality requirements
- Maintaining requirements in a backlog
- Ensuring general, technical, functional and non-functional requirements are covered
- Working with Applications Support and peer teams to provide timely and effective third line support
Skills & Competencies
- Passionate about the value and importance of business analysis within the SDLC
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be able to define the key differences between requirements and functional design documents
- Team Management including development and performance management
- Values & respects the core competencies that enable excellent business analysis
- Detailed understanding of formal system delivery methodologies from Waterfall to Agile and how software is designed and developed
- Comfortable interacting with Director-level personnel both within IT and the Business
- Ability to critically review and assure all business analysis deliverables including BRD, Func Specs, Process flows etc
- Expert knowledge of physical energy trading and exposure to the full deal lifecycle is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience leading a team of business analysts ideally within an energy trading company or consultancy
- Extensive experience working on large scale system implementation projects
- Proven track record for being able to analyse and improve process
- Experience of coordinating complex projects/initiatives
- Experience of interacting with senior stakeholders
- Experience of managing a range of personnel – permanent and temporary – including managing personal development and performance.