From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Our newly created Brand & Communications team requires maternity cover for two people. We require a Brand Alignment Manager to lead on a brand alignment project and prepare for launching our promise of ‘Always Reaching for Better’ in 2021. This role will sit alongside the Communications Manager who will temporarily lead, plan and deliver our internal and external communication strategy.
We believe branding starts from the inside, so before we launch any major brand campaigns to help reposition Gazprom Energy as the supplier that is ‘Always Reaching for Better,’ we want to be confident that we are living up to this promise. This means aligning our people, products, processes and communications to our new brand values and in your role as Brand (Alignment) Manager you will be responsible for making this happen.
You will be the primary point of contact for all things brand at Gazprom Energy and will work closely with the Communications Manager, HR team, Marketing Managers and the senior leadership team across the UK, France and Netherlands to ensure Gazprom Energy is ready to launch it’s ‘Always Reaching for Better’ external campaign by Q3 2021.
You will report directly to Gazprom Energy’s General Manager and your first priority will be to develop an alignment plan, based on brand metrics and insight. The successful delivery of this plan will be your focus for the remainder of your contract.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and own comprehensive brand guidelines, including messaging frameworks for all major audiences
- Partner with HR to develop employee value proposition and employer brand communication strategy
- Partner with HR to roll out new brand values and behaviours across Manchester, Den Bosch and Paris offices
- Measure and track brand alignment plus other key brand metrics
- Champion brand alignment across people, processes, products and communications
- Collaborate with senior management team to improve brand alignment in their areas
- Plan and manage the Brand budget
- Own the governance for all brand output to ensure compliance
- When appropriate, execute an external brand campaign across GB, France and the Netherlands
- Act as an advocate for Gazprom Energy 24/7
The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs and will have to be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
Skills & Competencies
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and manage projects autonomously from start to finish
- Ability to excite and inspire others to embrace change
- Ability to work creatively to optimise limited time frames and budgets
- Analytical skills with ability to formulate plans based on insight and data
- Additional language skills (French, Dutch) would be an advantage
- Experience in a successful b2b brand, marketing, people or change role, ideally in a service industry
- Experience in delivering culture change or brand alignment projects
- Experience of working with international teams and/or managing international projects
- Experience in successful campaign planning, execution and measurement
- Experience in developing positioning strategies and value propositions, including for employers
- Experience in stakeholder management and working with Execs
- Extensive knowledge of brand, marketing and communication theory
- A thorough knowledge of brand tracking and evaluation methods